VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud Virtual Edge - BYOL
Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) is a transformational approach to simplify branch office networking and assure optimal application performance.
Unlike traditional WANs, SD-WAN delivers increased network agility and cost reduction. Software-Defined WAN has its roots in Software-Defined Networking (SDN), the underlying principle of which is to abstract the network hardware and transport characteristics from the applications that use the network.
- Simplify Branch Network
- Deliver Branch Agility
- Optimize Application Performance
- Reduce Costs
VeloCloud, now part of VMware, is a SD-WAN market leader. VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud is a key component of the Virtual Cloud Network and tightly integrated with NSX Data Center and NSX Cloud to enable customers extend consistent networking and security policies from the data center to the branch to the cloud.
A1 Digital advises companies in matters of digital transformation and guides them through the digitisation of their business areas. The focus is on industry-specific applications in the Internet of Things (IoT) as well as cloud-based products and solutions for the modern workplace.
With scalable services, A1 Digital is also an ideal partner for digital projects in medium-sized companies. As part of the Telekom Austria Group and therefore also América Móvil, the company can rely on the mature infrastructure of one of the world’s largest mobile network operators.
Find out more at www.a1.digital
VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud Virtual Edge is available in the following versions:
- Virtual Edge Image 3.3.2-66-R332-20191024
The total end customer pricing is the sum of the pure IaaS price according to the Exoscale price information and the license cost for the VeloCloud image. For the BYOL model the customer has to manage the license and the related costs.
Usage & Technical Prerequisites
Please note, that in this license case Exoscale cannot guarantee the vendor support for the firewall image. It is the responsibility of the customer to purchase a license and a software subscription.
Prequisites for deploying a virtual VeloCloud Edge to Exoscale are:
- use of A1 Digital SD WAN (VeloCloud) with valid license
- use of the Exoscale platform with vailid payment
- template NEEDS to be started on a Standard instance - Medium type from the web application.
- user with Administrator role for configuration on both platforms
- egoscale CLI tool (alternatively)
For setup instructions, please refer to the installation guide provided by Maintainer:
It is imperative to start the template on a Standard Instance - Medium type. A minimum disk size of 50GB is required. Maintainer support is only given for this machine type and BYOL setup following startup instructions.
Service and Support
With the BYOL model the customer is fully responsible for service and support.
- For issues related to the software (eg.: configuration, functionality, etc.) itself, the customer needs to contact the editor:
VeloCloud support desk
- For issues related to the BYOL template (eg.: build issues, version issues, interaction with the underlying infrastructure, etc.), the customer needs to contact the maintainer:
A1 Digital security support desk
- For issues related to the infrastructure (eg.: account management, virtual machine issues, etc.) the customer needs to contact Exsocale:
Exoscale support desk
Terms of Service
By using this product, you agree to terms and conditions according to the