Work at Exoscale
Join a Passionate and Distributed Team
Working at Exoscale
Join a dynamic working environment with a cutting-edge team based in Lausanne or remote. Exoscale strives to create an environment with great working conditions and welcomes diverse applicants.
We encourage a healthy work-life balance, value input from our team and help everyone grow professionally. Open source is a large foundation of our platform and we encourage and sponsor contributions to existing or new projects.
We participate in global communities, through our attendance and sponsorship of conferences as well as in local events. We value community, fostering and building a great tech scene in our area.
With services covering the full cloud infrastructure spectrum - from fast deploying virtual machines to S3 compatible object storage - Exoscale provides a simple and scalable experience in order to let its clients focus on their core business.
As parts of its ongoing efforts to grow its infrastructure footprint Exoscale is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
The site reliability engineer plays a critical role in ensuring constant availability of the Exoscale platform. The engineering team at Exoscale works on all aspects from designing & developing products, to their operation and support.
With an expanding customer base and new products to further advance Exoscale's product portfolio, site reliability engineers build and maintain a wide range of technologies. As users of Exoscale itself, site reliability engineers also take active part in improving products.
This position focuses on designing and maintaining Exoscale's core platform and security components.
Some of the challenges you will be working on:
- Design and maintain our core platform, Linux based ecosystem
- Design and maintain our PKI, secrets store and security systems
- Contribute to our internal core platform tooling development
- Focus on improving the developer experience (DX) through the delivery of self-service systems and pipelines
- Contribute to designing and architecture the Exoscale platform systems
- Improve processes and solutions to be scalable and highly available
- Participate in code & changes reviews
- Take part in the on-call roll after a training period
- Have a solid experience with Linux
- Are familiar with Linux networking and security filtering components
- Have a good knowledge of platform Security components and PKI systems. Experience with Hashicorp Vault is a plus
- Have an experience with Containerization and Container Orchestration, Kubernetes a plus
- Are familiar with KVM virtualization
- Have a background with Golang language, Clojure a plus
- Are familiar with service discovery and DNS systems
- Have experience with configuration management solutions and large scale infrastructure
- Are curious, autonomous, and embrace learning new things everyday
- Love to automate anything that could be
- Are team players and are comfortable working in a distributed team
Candidates who are not familiar with all the topics above but willing to learn are encouraged to apply