Exoscale is the leading Swiss/European cloud service provider.
With services covering the full cloud infrastructure spectrum - from fast deploying virtual machines to S3 compatible object storage - Exoscale provides a simple and scalable experience in order to let its clients focus on their core business.
As part of its ongoing efforts to grow its infrastructure footprint Exoscale is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
The site reliability engineer play a critical role on ensuring constant availability of the Exoscale platform. The
engineering team at Exoscale works on all aspects from designing & developing products, to their operation and support.
With an expanding customer base and new products to further advance Exoscale's product portfolio, site reliability engineers build and maintain a wide range of technologies. As users of Exoscale itself, site reliability engineers also take active part in improving products.
Some of the challenges you will be working on:
- Manage and maintain Exoscale's internal PaaS based on Kubernetes echosystem
- Manage and maintain our PKI and secrets store systems
- Focus on improving the developper experience (DX) through the delivery of self-service systems and pipelines
- Contribute to our open source tools development (Exoscale CLI, Exoscale terraform provider and more)
- Contribute to internal tooling development with a focus on automation
- Help on troubleshooting and solve failures and performance issues
- Contribute to designing and architecture the Exoscale platform systems
- Improve processes and solutions to be scalable and highly available
- Participate in code & changes reviews
- Take part in the on-call roll after a training period
- Have solid experience with Linux
- Have an experience with Containerization and Container Orchestration, Kubernetes a plus
- Are familiar Linux virtualization technologies (KVM, Libvirt)
- Have an experience with automation and configuration management at scale using Puppet or a similar technology
- Have a good experience with Goland language, Clojure a plus
- Are familiar with the Hashicorp ecosystem
- Are familiar with CI/CD piplines
- Love to automate anything that could be
- Are curious, autonomous and embrace learning new things everyday
- Are team players and are comfortable working in a distributed team
Candidates who are not familiar with all the topics above but willing to learn are encouraged to apply.