As parts of its ongoing efforts to bring new features to our platform,
Exoscale is hiring a senior system engineer.
The senior system engineer position is focused on designing, deploying and maintaining
new functionality for Exoscale in areas such as compute storage, network, and
overall orchestration. The engineering team at Exoscale works on all
aspects of Exoscale from developing products, to their operation and
Candidates will be expected to have:
- Strong Linux skills
- Practice of C and GO languages. Python a plus
- Experience with Linux kernel development a plus
- Experience with Linux virtualization (KVM, Libvirt)
- Very good knowledge of typical layer 2 & 3 protocols (BGP, OSPF) as well as VXLAN, EVPN and MPLS
- Experience working on, building, and troubleshooting large-scale datacenter networks
- Understanding of overlay and underlay networking concepts
- Very good knowledge of Linux storage subsystem
- Good knowledge of Server and network hardware components
- Familiar with network automation solutions such as Ansible, Puppet, NAPALM
As parts of its ongoing efforts to grow its infrastructure footprint
Exoscale is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
The site reliability engineer position is focusing on ensuring
constant availability of the Exoscale product portfolio. The
engineering team at Exoscale works on all aspects of Exoscale from
developing products, to their operation and support. Site reliability
engineers are expected to take part in the on-call roll after a
With an expanding customer base and new physical locations rolling
out in 2020, as well as new products to further advance Exoscale's
product portfolio, site reliability engineers maintain a wide range
of products and technology stacks. As users of Exoscale itself,
site reliability engineers also take active part in improving products.
Candidates will be expected to be strongly familiar with UNIX, as well
as with Kubernetes and container components. Knowledge of configuration management
solutions and large scale infrastructure is considered essential.
Knowledge of one or more of Go or Clojure languages will put candidates
at an advantage.