With services covering the full cloud infrastructure spectrum - from fast deploying virtual machines to S3 compatible object storage - Exoscale provides a simple and scalable experience in order to let its clients focus on their core business.
As part of its ongoing efforts to grow its infrastructure footprint Exoscale is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer.
The site reliability engineer play a critical role on ensuring constant availability of the Exoscale platform. The engineering team at Exoscale works on all aspects from designing & developing products, to their operation and support.
With an expanding customer base and new products to further advance Exoscale's product portfolio, site reliability engineers build and maintain a wide range of technologies. As users of Exoscale itself, site reliability engineers also take active part in improving products.
Some of the challenges you will be working on:
- Manage and maintain all our data persistency stacks
- Manage and maintain our Visibility stacks
- Focus on improving the developer experience (DX) through the delivery of self-service systems and pipelines
- Contribute to internal tooling development
- Help on troubleshooting and solve failures and performance issues
- Contribute to designing and architecture the Exoscale platform systems
- Improve processes and solutions to be scalable and highly available
- Participate in code & changes reviews
- Take part in the on-call roll after a training period
- Have solid experience with Linux
- Have a good experience with Apache Kafka
- Are familiar with transactional database systems like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Have good experience with Prometheus and its ecosystem
- Have experience with Containerization and Container Orchestration, Kubernetes a plus
- Have a good experience with Golang, Clojure & Python a plus
- Are familiar with logs platform like ELK ecosystem
- Have experience with automation and configuration management at scale using Puppet or a similar technology
- Love to automate anything that could be
- Are curious, autonomous and embrace learning new things everyday
- Are team players and are comfortable working in a distributed team
Candidates who are not familiar with all the topics above but willing to learn are encouraged to apply.