Exoscale only collects and information you choose to give us, and processes it with your consent or on legal basis. We collect as little personal information as we can to allow us to provide our services. Personal information is not sold to third parties and is used and processed as described on this page.
We comply with the EU’s Privacy Shield framework and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We provide the same level of privacy protection regardless of your country of origin or location.
Information collected by Exoscale
Information from website browsers
If you’re browsing Exoscale websites, we rely on cookies, server logs and web analytics providers to automatically collect basic information about the visitor.
This information includes the browser type, operating system, language preferrence, referring site, and the date and time of each request. We also collect potentially personally-identifying information such as IP addresses.
Information from users with Exoscale accounts
On account creation, we ask for the following information:
- Email address
- Full name and/or company name
- Billing address
We also collect personal information from you when you subscribe to our newsletters. If you contact us from our website’s contact form or our support platform, we keep a copy of your communications with us. We also keep a copy of all communication we send you that is related to the providing of our services.
Use of collected information
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To deal with your requests
- To provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from us
- To provide you with technical support
- To improve our website’s performance and efficiency in assisting you with the use of our products
- For intrusion and misuse detection and securing access to our systems as well as enforcing our Terms of Service
- To improve our efficiency with customer service, content and functionality of our offering, to better understand our users’s needs and for general business management.
- To send important email notifications related to your use of the service.
- When you have allowed us to do so, to send occasional newsletter and marketing campaigns about our services. You can unsubscribe from these at any time using the link provided in the message.
Protection of information
Safe handling of your personal information when it’s entered, submitted or accessed is ensured by the use of TLS for all communications over the network.
Furthermore, we rely on PCI-compliant payment providers and do not store financial or credit card information on our servers. Identification of your account between Exoscale and the credit card processor is done through an anonymized token that we exchange in an encrypted way.
Our data isn’t encrypted at-rest, however we control control access to our datacenter locations with physical and network security.
Cookies and tracking
localStorage to keep
you logged in on our web properties and remembering your preferences.
You can change your preferences here Cookie Settings.
Children under 16
If you are a child under the age of 16, you may not have an Exoscale account. Exoscale does not collect information about users’ age, but if we learn that you are a user who is under the age of 16, we will terminate your account.
Exercise of rights
As an Exoscale Client, you are entitled to exercising the following rights with regard to the personal data Exoscale holds about you:
- Right of information
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object to processing
- Right to not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Data subjects can exercise their rights by sending an email to email@example.com. All enquiries will be handled by the Exoscale team under supervision of the Exoscale Data Privacy Officer. In accordance with Article 27 of the GDPR for controllers or processors based outside the European Union, Exoscale has appointed A1 Digital International GmbH, a company duly established and existing under the laws of Austria with its registered office at Lassallestrasse 9, 1020 Vienna, Austria as its Representative in the European Union. A1 Digital International GmbH can reached by post by sending a letter to “FAO Data Protection Officer” to the above address, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.