F5 BIG-IQ™ Virtual Appliances - BYOL
F5 BIG-IQ provides a central point of control for F5 physical and virtual devices and for the solutions that run on them. It simplifies management, helps ensure compliance, and gives you the tools you need to deliver your applications securely and effectively.
BIG-IQ manages policies, licenses, SSL certificates, images, and configurations for F5 devices. It includes extensive analytics and fine grained Roles-Based Access Control. BIG-IQ supports the following F5 modules:
- BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
- BIG-IP Application Security Manager (ASM)
- BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM)
- BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM)
- BIG-IP DNS
- F5 DDoS Hybrid Defender
- F5 Secure Web Gateway Services
- F5 WebSafe and F5 MobileSafe (monitoring and updates)
- Application Services 3 Extension (AS3) – part of the F5 Automation Toolchain
BIG-IQ manages F5 devices running in Exoscale and other Cloud Providers as well as on-prem BIG-IP, VE, VIPRION, and the BIG-IP iSeries hardware platforms as well as the new BIG-IP Per-App VE solution. BIG-IQ is ideal for organizations that require central management and automation of F5 devices and modules, license management of BIG-IP VEs, or central reporting and alerting on application availability, performance, and security.
- Now includes analytics, auto-scaling, application templating and fine-grained Role-Based Access Control
- Scales up to 600 devices (100 for APM), 150K objects and 1000’s of firewall contexts
- Enhanced security management including: ASM centralized policy builder, full management of remote access VPNs and enabling the creation of APM policies direct on BIG-IQ using a visual policy editor.
F5 Networks, headquartered in Seattle, Washington, is a global company that specializes in application services and application delivery networking (ADN). F5 technologies focus on the delivery, security, performance, and availability of web applications, as well as the availability of servers, cloud resources, data storage devices, and other networking components.
A1 Digital advises companies in matters of digital transformation and guides them through the digitisation of their business areas. The focus is on industry-specific applications in the Internet of Things (IoT) as well as cloud-based products and solutions for the modern workplace.
With scalable services, A1 Digital is also an ideal partner for digital projects in medium-sized companies. As part of the Telekom Austria Group and therefore also América Móvil, the company can rely on the mature infrastructure of one of the world’s largest mobile network operators.
Find out more at www.a1.digital
F5 BIG-IQ™ is available in the following versions:
- BIG-IQ 7.0.0
The total end customer pricing is the sum of the pure IaaS price according to the Exoscale price information and the license cost for F5 image. For the BYOL model the customer has to manage the license and the related costs.
|CPU Cores||RAM (min / max)||Storage (min / max)||Recommended Instance Type||Price (EUR)|
|BIG-IQ||4 / 8||16 GB / 32 GB||200 GB / 800 GB||Extra-large||0 (BYOL)||Deploy|
Usage & Technical Prerequisites
Please note, that in this license case Exoscale cannot guarantee the vendor support for the virtual BIG-IQ image. It is the responsibility of the customer to purchase a license and a software subscription.
For using F5 BIG-IQ Centralized Management instances it is important to know that the licenses are based on the number of BIG-IP instances to be managed. The customer needs to identify the necessary instance and take over the responsibility of sizing.
Due to technical restrictions on a platform level, the use of single NIC deployments as a deployment method is recommended and the only method which is supported from Exoscale support. Using this deployment method, the instance is deployed with just a single network interface. The operating system recognizes this setup and uses DHCP to configure the necessary settings on that interface. Administrators can access the management UI using the following address:
The multi NIC deployment method is technically possible but requires further architectural and design changes.
For the initial configuration the default credentials can be used:
- WebGUI over HTTPS: User: admin Password: admin
- Console over SSH: User: root Password: default
It is in the responsibility of the customer to protect administrative access (interface ports 22 and 443) using security groups, so that only intended people can access it.
Administrators are allowed to upgrade instances by installing new base images or hotfixes at their own responsibility.
Service and Support
With the BYOL model the customer is fully responsible for service and support.
- For issues related to the software itself (eg.: configuration, functionality, etc.), the customer needs to contact the editor:
F5 support desk
- For issues related to the BYOL template (eg.: build issues, version issues, interaction with the underlying infrastructure, etc.), the customer needs to contact the maintainer:
A1 Digital security support desk
- For issues related to the infrastructure (eg.: account management, virtual machine issues, etc.) the customer needs to contact Exsocale:
Exoscale support desk
Terms of Service
By using this product, you agree to terms and conditions according to the F5 end user license agreement (EULA).